Last Updated on Monday, 11 January 2016 19:03 Written by John Young (Marine and Asia-Pacific Correspondent)
- WIN an AquaCraft Mini Thunder radio-controlled boat - ONLY IN JULY'S PRINT EDITION...
- JULY ISSUE - SEAMAN'S STRIKE, ROBERT SIMPER'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES AUGUST ISSUE - ON SALE 20 JULY 2016. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Lighthouses of the World” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
DMS Maritime, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Serco Australia, has been chosen by the Australian Government as the preferred bidder to build a new research and supply icebreaker vessel for the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) of the Department of the Environment.
Under the proposed deal, DMS Maritime’s subcontractor Romania-based Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding will design and build the 156m long ship, which will replace the Aurora Australis, 6,574gt, built by Carrington Slipways Pte Ltd, Newcastle, NSW, in 1990 for P&O Maritime Services management.
NYK Line is to withdraw from the Asia-Australia container trades by mid-2016. The company has been operating liner services to Australia since 1896.
A tanker laden with a cargo of marine fuel oil was attacked by pirates in the Strait of Singapore in October, but the robbery attempt was thwarted by Malaysian maritime security forces.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with obbico in the UK to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning a AquaCraft Mini Thunder radio-controlled boat
Only in Sea Breezes July 2016 Issue