- WIN 'Great Passenger Ships – 1920-1930' - ONLY IN JULY'S PRINT EDITION...
- JULY ISSUE - SHIP EFFICIENCY, CAPTAIN H J BRAY, SHIPBREAKING AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES AUGUST ISSUE - ON SALE 16 JULY 2014. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “The Sinking of RMS Tayleur” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
Within days of being installed on the wreck of the cruise ship Costa Concordia, 114,137gt, the first sponson needed for the refloating operation collapsed and had to be removed and taken away for repairs.
The Peel Ports Group has signed a £100mn contract with the Shanghai-based Zhenhua Heavy Industries Co (ZPMC) for 17 cranes for the new £300mn Liverpool2 container port on the River Mersey at Seaforth which is due to open next year.
The first of the RNLI’s new Shannon class lifeboats in the southwest, the R and J Welburn, arrived at Exeter at 1303 on May 9 and she was escorted by the station’s two lifeboats, the Mersey class Margaret Jean, which she will replace, and the D-class inshore lifeboat George Bearman.
Exmouth RNLI Mechanic, Mark Sansom, who was on board the R and J Welburn, said: “As we approached the beach, I couldn’t believe the number of people who had turned out to welcome us home. We had been away for five days’ training and it was all well worth the effort to see the support’.
The UK’S first national strategy for maritime security was launched by the Government on May 13. The Government said: “The strategy confirms our commitment to preserving the flow of maritime trade and upholding international maritime law.”
The Abu Dhabi Ports Co (ADPC) has extended its collaboration with the UK Maritime Trade Operations (MTO) in the fight against maritime piracy in the area.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning the book Great Passenger Ships – 1920-1930 by Andrew Britton.
Only in Sea Breezes June Issue
- White Wing to Support Games
- Fourth Oasis Class Ordered
- Hyundai Glovis orders four vehicle carriers
- Searoad Gets the Gas
- Nordic Maritime Carry out Offshore Contract for Cairn India
- Graceful but Somewhat Shy
- Battle of the Herreshoffs
- Costa Concordia Sponson Collapses
- Seventeen Cranes Ordered From China for Liverpool2