Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 September 2015 09:24 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN Great Passenger Ships – 1930-1940 - ONLY IN DECEMBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- DECEMBER ISSUE - AT SEA AT LAST, THE FRANCIS SPAIGHT, MARINE ENGINEER AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JANUARY ISSUE - ON SALE 16 DECEMBER 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE YEAR 2015 “Commander Crabb - What Really Happened?” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
- Annual Scottish Maritime History Conference
- Message from the Bridge - November 2015
- Major Study Looks at the Course for UK Shipping Industry
- Final Section of Stranded Ship Refloated and Scuttled
- World’s Largest Wooden Sailing Ship Attends Festival
- Teekay Aus Adds 12 Bulk Carriers to Fleet
- The Islands of Orkney: A Brief, but Fascinating Visit
- A Show of Force at London EXCEL
The BG Group, of Reading, has obtained the first oil from the floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel Cidade de Itaguaí, the sixth to start production across the group’s significant discoveries in the Santos Basin, off the coast of Brazil.
The $8bn project involved the widening and deepening of 35km of the existing Canal and the digging and creating of a 37km second lane running parallel to the existing Canal. The new 72km section is expected to cut transit times from 18-20 hours to around 11 hours.
The RNLI’s new All-Weather Lifeboat Centre at its headquarters in Poole was officially opened on Aug 21 with the ringing of its bell eight times by two young lifeboatmen, Arranmore crew member John McDermid, from Donegal, and Caryl Jones, from Porthdinallaen, as the doors rose.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer the chance of winning a copy of the book; Down Amongst the Black Gang , by Richard P deKerbrech.
Only in Sea Breezes November 2015 Issue