Last Updated on Thursday, 25 September 2014 11:02 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN The First World War at Sea in Photographs - ONLY IN NOVEMBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- NOVEMBER ISSUE - THE DESPARATE VOYAGE, RMS ATHENIC, UNMANNED SHIPS AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES DECEMBER ISSUE - ON SALE 19 NOVEMBER 2014. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Operation Pedestal” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The massive operation to refloat the wreck of the cruise ship Costa Concordia, 114,137gt, was successfully completed on July 14 and on the night of July 26-27, she arrived off Genoa where she will be broken up.
The shipping and logistics specialist Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL), is providing a link to the Port of Tyne on its regular roll-on, roll-off service between Asia and Europe via the Suez and Panama Canals.
The container ship CMA CGM Magellan, 150,269gt, has been transformed into a gigantic work of art by a world-renowned artist, JR.
The artist worked on the collage of 151 containers and these were used as pixels so that once loaded onto the ship, they became a work of art.
The picture that was assembled on the ship is the eyes of Elizabeth, a Kenyan woman living in the Kibera slums, in Nairobi.
Some 150 tonnes of chemical materials from Syria’s chemical weapons stockpile arrived at the Marchwood Military Port in Hampshire on July 15 on their way to Ellesmere Port where they will be destroyed.
Now in service with the Dutch heavy lift company RollDock Shipping BV is the Rolldock Storm, its fourth semi-submersible heavy lift ro-ro ship, completed by Flensburger-Schiffbau-Ges, of Flensburg, Germany in June.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Amberley Publishing to offer the chance of winning a set of The First World War at Sea in Photographs books
Only in Sea Breezes November Issue
- Unmanned Ships Sailing the Oceans Within 20 Years
- Work Set to Start on Nicaragua Grand Canal
- Carnival Legend Kicks Off Australian Cruise Season
- Falmouth Tall Ships Regatta 2014
- Eco Friendly Ferries
- Captain Russell Fitton 1957-2014
- Old Glass Negative of Ship Aground off Cape Spartel
- The Value of South Wales Ports to the National Economy
- Gloomy Future for MyFeryLink