- WIN Voices From the Carpathia – Rescuing RMS Titanic - ONLY IN MAY'S PRINT EDITION...
- MAY ISSUE - BATTLE OF JUTLAND, MERSEY PIILOTAGE, MALAKAND AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JUNE ISSUE - ON SALE 18 MAY 2016. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Shetland's Whaling Tradition” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The news that the car maker Nissan is to produce its next model, the Invitation, at its Sunderland plant is a major boost for the Port of Tyne through which Nissan cars are exported.
Andrew Moffat, the port’s chief executive, said: “The port is delighted to play a part in Nissan’s continuing success by ensuring the company can get its cars to market very quickly and efficiently, helping to make it highly competitive across the world.”
Nissan operates its car terminal at the port just seven miles from the Sunderland plant, which is the biggest car factory in Britain.
Starting from mid-2013, Nissan plans to build 100,000 of the Invitation model a year. The Sunderland plant currently makes about 480,000 of its Qashqai, Juke, and Note models a year.
The port has three car terminals, one of which is in North Tyneside and is operated for the import of VW cars while the other is a transhipment terminal, a holding centre for all makes and models bound for markets all over the world.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2012 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning the book Voices From the Carpathia – Rescuing RMS Titanic by George Behe.
Only in Sea Breezes May 2016 Issue