- WIN an AquaCraft Mini Thunder radio-controlled boat - ONLY IN JULY'S PRINT EDITION...
- JULY ISSUE - SEAMAN'S STRIKE, ROBERT SIMPER'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES AUGUST ISSUE - ON SALE 20 JULY 2016. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Lighthouses of the World” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The news that the car maker Nissan is to produce its next model, the Invitation, at its Sunderland plant is a major boost for the Port of Tyne through which Nissan cars are exported.
Andrew Moffat, the port’s chief executive, said: “The port is delighted to play a part in Nissan’s continuing success by ensuring the company can get its cars to market very quickly and efficiently, helping to make it highly competitive across the world.”
Nissan operates its car terminal at the port just seven miles from the Sunderland plant, which is the biggest car factory in Britain.
Starting from mid-2013, Nissan plans to build 100,000 of the Invitation model a year. The Sunderland plant currently makes about 480,000 of its Qashqai, Juke, and Note models a year.
The port has three car terminals, one of which is in North Tyneside and is operated for the import of VW cars while the other is a transhipment terminal, a holding centre for all makes and models bound for markets all over the world.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2012 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with obbico in the UK to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning a AquaCraft Mini Thunder radio-controlled boat
Only in Sea Breezes July 2016 Issue
- World’s Largest Container Line Sees Massive Drop in Profit
- Radical US Navy Destroyer Delivered
- Six Container Lines Unite to Form a New Alliance
- Fifty Years of Sail Review
- Naval Update
- Two New Yachts From Hessen Yachts
- Celestial Navigation and “Wonderful Sights”
- Violence Grows as Pirates Kidnap Crews for Ransom
- Maritime Groups Unite in ‘Fair Trial’ Attack