- WIN 'HMS Queen Elizabeth' PRINT - ONLY IN SEPTEMBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- SEPTEMBER ISSUE - HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH, MURRAY ROBINSON, PRESIDENT COOLIDGE AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES OCTOBER ISSUE - ON SALE 17 SEPTEMBER 2014. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “The Workers' War” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The growing international dispute between Great Britain and Argentina over te Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic raised its head again in early 2010, after a British company started drilling for oil in waters around 200 miles from the British sovereign territories. As the tension mounted the British Type 42 destroyer HMS York intercepted the Argentine corvette ARA Drummond ten miles inside the disputed and contested ‘oil zone’ around the islands. Both sides have since played down the significance of the encounter.
A few days later the Pakistani Navy inducted the second Chinese built F-22 frigate PNS Shamsheer in to the fleet. The ship, which was built at Karachi Shipyards under licence from Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard of China joins sister ship PNS Zulfiquar as being amongst the best frigates in the region.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2010 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Naval artist Ross Watton to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning a signed A2 size print of HMS Queen Elizabeth.
Only in Sea Breezes September Issue
- An Eye for Art With Containers...
- Syrian Chemicals Arrive at UK Military Port
- The 38th Voyage - Charles W. Morgan Sails Again
- Australian Mining Giant Eyes Four More
- Last Scandanavian Route Closes
- Forgotten Fighters - The First World War At Sea
- Heavy Lift Semi-submersible Storm Rrolls Into Service
- Naval Update
- China Cosco Invests $176m in Six Panamax Bulkers