- WIN A COPY OF The British Cruise Ship - An Illustrated History 1843-1945 - ONLY IN MARCH'S PRINT EDITION...
- MARCH ISSUE - TURAKINA, HMS CONTEST, SAGA RUBY AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES APRIL ISSUE - ON SALE 19 MARCH 2014. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Ellerman Lines” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The growing international dispute between Great Britain and Argentina over te Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic raised its head again in early 2010, after a British company started drilling for oil in waters around 200 miles from the British sovereign territories. As the tension mounted the British Type 42 destroyer HMS York intercepted the Argentine corvette ARA Drummond ten miles inside the disputed and contested ‘oil zone’ around the islands. Both sides have since played down the significance of the encounter.
A few days later the Pakistani Navy inducted the second Chinese built F-22 frigate PNS Shamsheer in to the fleet. The ship, which was built at Karachi Shipyards under licence from Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard of China joins sister ship PNS Zulfiquar as being amongst the best frigates in the region.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2010 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Amberley Publishing to offer the chance of winning the book; The British Cruise Ship - An Illustrated History 1843-1945 by Ian Collard
Only in Sea Breezes March Issue
- Illustrious Conversion into a Superyacht
- Chemical Materials to be Shipped to Ellesmere Port
- Naval Update
- Loss of Solway Harvester Remembered
- Sunseeker’s Flagship 155 Yacht Launched
- Quality Freight Swings Into Action
- New Sail Training Vessel for Oman Launched
- Nordic Tall Ships
- Three Crew Rescued from Burning Vessel