- WIN Voices From the Carpathia – Rescuing RMS Titanic - ONLY IN MAY'S PRINT EDITION...
- MAY ISSUE - BATTLE OF JUTLAND, MERSEY PIILOTAGE, MALAKAND AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JUNE ISSUE - ON SALE 18 MAY 2016. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Shetland's Whaling Tradition” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The growing international dispute between Great Britain and Argentina over te Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic raised its head again in early 2010, after a British company started drilling for oil in waters around 200 miles from the British sovereign territories. As the tension mounted the British Type 42 destroyer HMS York intercepted the Argentine corvette ARA Drummond ten miles inside the disputed and contested ‘oil zone’ around the islands. Both sides have since played down the significance of the encounter.
A few days later the Pakistani Navy inducted the second Chinese built F-22 frigate PNS Shamsheer in to the fleet. The ship, which was built at Karachi Shipyards under licence from Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard of China joins sister ship PNS Zulfiquar as being amongst the best frigates in the region.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2010 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning the book Voices From the Carpathia – Rescuing RMS Titanic by George Behe.
Only in Sea Breezes May 2016 Issue