- WIN Classic Liners – SS Pasteur / TS Bremen - ONLY IN JUNE'S PRINT EDITION...
- JUNE ISSUE - SHETLAND WAY, SHIP TONNAGE, WH RESOLUTION AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JULY ISSUE - ON SALE 15 JUNE 2016. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Cruise Ships of the Mersey” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
- More Island Ferries
- NYK’s Hikawa Maru Designated Important Cultural Property
- Three Rescued from Old Russian Submarine
- Huge Weapons Find by Australian Frigate off Oman
- Settling Down at Dover
- Naval Update
- Spotlight on New NYK Blue Jay
- Rescue Mission after Icebreaker Breaks Moorings in Antarctic Blizzard
The growing international dispute between Great Britain and Argentina over te Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic raised its head again in early 2010, after a British company started drilling for oil in waters around 200 miles from the British sovereign territories. As the tension mounted the British Type 42 destroyer HMS York intercepted the Argentine corvette ARA Drummond ten miles inside the disputed and contested ‘oil zone’ around the islands. Both sides have since played down the significance of the encounter.
A few days later the Pakistani Navy inducted the second Chinese built F-22 frigate PNS Shamsheer in to the fleet. The ship, which was built at Karachi Shipyards under licence from Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard of China joins sister ship PNS Zulfiquar as being amongst the best frigates in the region.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2010 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning the book Classic Liners – SS Pasteur / TS Bremen by Andrew Britton
Only in Sea Breezes June 2016 Issue
- NGO Welcomes EU Guide to Recycling Facilities
- Union Fights Marine Offices Closure Plan
- After a Century USS Conestoga is Found
- Largest Roro and Vehicle Terminal Officially Opened
- Stena Bonanza for China
- St Pierre Selects Damen for Two Fast Ferries
- The Golden Age of Liners Lives On!
- First Shale Gas Cargo Due at Grangemouth This Year
- Defects in Fuel Consumption Measurement Tests