- WIN The First World War at Sea in Photographs - ONLY IN NOVEMBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- NOVEMBER ISSUE - THE DESPARATE VOYAGE, RMS ATHENIC, UNMANNED SHIPS AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES DECEMBER ISSUE - ON SALE 19 NOVEMBER 2014. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Operation Pedestal” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The growing international dispute between Great Britain and Argentina over te Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic raised its head again in early 2010, after a British company started drilling for oil in waters around 200 miles from the British sovereign territories. As the tension mounted the British Type 42 destroyer HMS York intercepted the Argentine corvette ARA Drummond ten miles inside the disputed and contested ‘oil zone’ around the islands. Both sides have since played down the significance of the encounter.
A few days later the Pakistani Navy inducted the second Chinese built F-22 frigate PNS Shamsheer in to the fleet. The ship, which was built at Karachi Shipyards under licence from Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard of China joins sister ship PNS Zulfiquar as being amongst the best frigates in the region.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2010 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
| || |
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Amberley Publishing to offer the chance of winning a set of The First World War at Sea in Photographs books
Only in Sea Breezes November Issue
- Perth Harbour Put Up For Sale
- New Family of Bi-Fuel Engines
- Naval Update
- Alaska Marine Highway System
- Flying Focus Calendar 2015
- Illusion I Makes World Premiere at Monaco Yacht Show
- Unmanned Ships Sailing the Oceans Within 20 Years
- Work Set to Start on Nicaragua Grand Canal
- Carnival Legend Kicks Off Australian Cruise Season