- WIN a Revell 1/142 scale North Sea Fishing Trawler Model Kit - ONLY IN APRIL'S PRINT EDITION...
- APRIL ISSUE - MV COHO, SS ARAFURA, BARON HERRIES AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES MAY ISSUE - ON SALE 15 APRIL 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “The Story of Cunard’s 175 Years” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The growing international dispute between Great Britain and Argentina over te Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic raised its head again in early 2010, after a British company started drilling for oil in waters around 200 miles from the British sovereign territories. As the tension mounted the British Type 42 destroyer HMS York intercepted the Argentine corvette ARA Drummond ten miles inside the disputed and contested ‘oil zone’ around the islands. Both sides have since played down the significance of the encounter.
A few days later the Pakistani Navy inducted the second Chinese built F-22 frigate PNS Shamsheer in to the fleet. The ship, which was built at Karachi Shipyards under licence from Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard of China joins sister ship PNS Zulfiquar as being amongst the best frigates in the region.
More on this and other news in Sea Breezes Magazine - May 2010 Issue
Click on the links below to subscribe
|< Prev||Next >|
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Uniform Press to offer the chance of winning a copy of the book The Wager Disaster - Mayhem, Mutiny and Murder in the South Seas by C H Layman.
Only in Sea Breezes March 2015 Issue
- Joint Operation to Rescue 22 from Bulk Carrier
- Costa Concordia Master to Appeal over 16 Year Sentence
- Keel Laid for 13th US Littoral Freedom Ship
- Bulker Master Fined $6,200 for Pilot-Less Barrier Reef Voyage
- The Last of British
- Naval Update
- Sir Jack Hayward, 1923-2015
- Smallest Number of Ships Flying Red Ensign Since 2006
- Cylindrical FPSA Designed to Withstand Worst Weather