Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 17:56 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN 'HMS Queen Elizabeth' PRINT - ONLY IN SEPTEMBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- SEPTEMBER ISSUE - HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH, MURRAY ROBINSON, PRESIDENT COOLIDGE AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES OCTOBER ISSUE - ON SALE 17 SEPTEMBER 2014. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “The Workers' War” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
Six fishermen were rescued by a Royal Navy Sea King helicopter, from 771 Squadron, after their fishing vessel was severely damaged off the north coast of Cornwall on Feb 3 during one of the violent storms that swept the UK and Ireland in January and February.
The crew of French fishing vessel Le Sillon reported to the Coastguard that their vessel had been hit by a number of large waves, smashing the bridge windows and injuring the skipper.
Following a problem with one of the contractors, the Panama Canal Authority has pledged that the expansion of the Canal would be successfully completed.
Some of the chemicals that have been used in the Syrian chemical weapons programme will be transported to Ellesmere Port on the Manchester Ship Canal and destroyed at a special facility in the town as part of a United Nations operation to dispose of all Syria’s chemical weapons.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Naval artist Ross Watton to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning a signed A2 size print of HMS Queen Elizabeth.
Only in Sea Breezes September Issue
- An Eye for Art With Containers...
- Syrian Chemicals Arrive at UK Military Port
- The 38th Voyage - Charles W. Morgan Sails Again
- Australian Mining Giant Eyes Four More
- Last Scandanavian Route Closes
- Forgotten Fighters - The First World War At Sea
- Heavy Lift Semi-submersible Storm Rrolls Into Service
- Naval Update
- China Cosco Invests $176m in Six Panamax Bulkers