- WIN Isle of Man Maritime History Stamps - ONLY IN MAY'S PRINT EDITION...
- MAY ISSUE - CUNARD 175, COOL BRITANNIA, A WOMAN'S WORK AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JUNE ISSUE - ON SALE 20 MAY 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Lusitania - An Illustrated Biography” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The shipping industry has been warned to be on the alert for a new attempted fraud in which the information on a container’s weight and size have been changed by repainting.
In November, the South Korean shipbuilders Hyundai Heavy Industries Co (HHI) delivered the world’s largest container ship, the CSCL Globe, the first of five 19,000 teu container ships ordered by the China Shipping Container Lines in May, 2013.
The ship is 400m long, 58.6m wide and 30.5m in depth, and she will be used on the Asia-Europe service.
Three lifeboats, two search and rescue helicopters and a Royal Navy destroyer were involved in an operation at night to find a lone yachtsman in trouble in the English Channel on Oct 6-7.
A UNESCO mission has concluded that a shipwreck near Haiti, cannot have been the flagship of Christopher Columbus on his first voyage to America.
A cargo ship carrying nuclear waste encased in concrete caught fire near an oil platform in the North Sea and had to be towed to safety.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Isle of Man Post Office to offer the chance of winning prizes of their Maritime History stamp packs.
Only in Sea Breezes May 2015 Issue