Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 November 2014 14:19 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN a Revell 1/142 scale North Sea Fishing Trawler Model Kit - ONLY IN APRIL'S PRINT EDITION...
- APRIL ISSUE - MV COHO, SS ARAFURA, BARON HERRIES AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES MAY ISSUE - ON SALE 15 APRIL 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “The Story of Cunard’s 175 Years” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
THE US Military Sealift Command cargo ship Cape Ray (pictured) was due to be returned to layup following her mission in the eastern Mediterranean involving the destruction of Syria’s chemical weapons.
In 10 to 20 years time, there will be 200m long cargo vessels sailing the oceans without the need of a captain or crew, say researchers at the Norwegian Marine Technology Research Institute (MARINTEK).
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Uniform Press to offer the chance of winning a copy of the book The Wager Disaster - Mayhem, Mutiny and Murder in the South Seas by C H Layman.
Only in Sea Breezes March 2015 Issue
- Smallest Number of Ships Flying Red Ensign Since 2006
- Cylindrical FPSA Designed to Withstand Worst Weather
- Australia ‘Unable To Protect Domain’ in Southern Ocean
- Pole Star Rescues Antarctic Chieftain
- Samskip Courier
- Balfour Beatty Acquire Wightlink Ferries
- Sky High Wi-Fi on Cruise Ships
- The World’s Biggest Container Ship
- Newer and Bigger Ships With Fewer Scrapped