Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 September 2015 13:23 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN The Unseen Lusitania – The Ship in Rare Illustrations - ONLY IN SEPTEMBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- SEPTEMBER ISSUE - THE CALABAR, CAPTIAN PARSLOW VC, ROBERT BLAKE AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES OCTOBER ISSUE - ON SALE 16 SEPTEMBER 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “The Cargospeed Story” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
Now in service with Hoegh Autoliners, of Oslo, is the Hoegh Target, 75,717gt, the world’s largest pure car and truck carrier (PCTC).
The world’s largest ever single shipment of biomass material was discharged at the Humber International Terminal at Immingham in July for onward transit to Drax power station at Selby, north Yorkshire.
Almost 60,000 tonnes of wood pellets were unloaded from the Liberian-flag bulk carrier Popi S, 80,337dwt. The ship had been loaded at the Westview Terminal in Prince Rupert, British Columbia on June 2, and the voyage to Immingham took 34 days.
The multi-role emergency response and rescue vessel Ocean Falcon was named at a ceremony at Aberdeen on May 29.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer the chance of winning a copy of the book; The Unseen Lusitania – The Ship in Rare Illustrations, by Eric Sauder.
Only in Sea Breezes September 2015 Issue