Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 April 2015 18:22 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN Isle of Man Maritime History Stamps - ONLY IN MAY'S PRINT EDITION...
- MAY ISSUE - CUNARD 175, COOL BRITANNIA, A WOMAN'S WORK AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JUNE ISSUE - ON SALE 20 MAY 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Lusitania - An Illustrated Biography” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The ecological risks of scrubbers for the marine environment are ignored and at the same time the economic benefits are overestimated, claims the German environmental organisation NABU (Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union).
A new shipping technology which will combine the delivery time speed of air transport and the price range applicable for shipping has been developed by the Norwegian company Viking Shiptech.
A special exhibition opened at the Merseyside Maritime Museum, at the Albert Dock, Liverpool, on Mar 25 to mark the centenary of the sinking of the Cunard Steam-Ship Co passenger liner Lusitania, 31,550grt.
All 22 crew members of the bulk carrier Goodfaith, 27,308dwt, were rescued after the ship went aground on the island of Andros, in the Aegean, in the early hours of Feb 11 while bound from Eleusis to the Ukraine.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Isle of Man Post Office to offer the chance of winning prizes of their Maritime History stamp packs.
Only in Sea Breezes May 2015 Issue