- WIN GREAT LINERS DVD'S! - ONLY IN JUNE'S PRINT EDITION ...
- MAY ISSUE - CALMAC’S HEBRIDEAN ISLES, KØBENHAVN MYSTERY SOLVED AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES JULY ISSUE - ON SALE 17 JUNE 2013. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Arctic Adventurer” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
With energy and minerals being increasingly discovered in Arctic regions and changes in the extent of the sea ice, there is a new demand for icebreakers and ice-strengthened tonnage capable of working in the Northern Sea Route and the North West Passage, according to BIMCO, of London.
London is gearing up for a week-long shipping event in September with Government departments joining private industry to press home the important role the maritime industry plays in the UK economy.
The Port of Felixstowe is set to double its rail capacity with the arrival of three rail mounted gantry cranes (pictured) which will form part of a new rail terminal opening at the port this summer.
These first three cranes, manufactured by Liebherr in Ireland, will span the new nine track rail terminal at the port, making them the biggest intermodal rail terminal cranes in the UK.
Users of Admiralty charts and publications have been warned by the UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) to watch out for counterfeit versions.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Snowbow Productions to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning 2 DVD’s – The Great liners (Episode 2) - Union Castle and The Great liners (Episode 9) - Mersey Bound to a lucky reader who can correctly guess the identity of the vessel shown in the print edition.
Only in Sea Breezes June Issue
- Naval Update
- Danio Dalliance at Farne
- Petronas’ $3 Billion Buyout Bid for MISC fails
- Major Step in Costa Salvage
- Demand for Powerful Icebreakers to Boost Arctic Routes
- The Colourful World of Cruising
- Dedication of the Manx Merchant Navy Standard
- Giant Bulker’s Ban-Busting China Call
- Build up to London Shipping Week