Last Updated on Monday, 25 January 2016 15:39 Written by John Young (Marine and Asia-Pacific Correspondent)
- WIN A A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks - ONLY IN FEBRUARY'S PRINT EDITION...
- FEBRUARY ISSUE - VELUTINA, ROTTERDAM V, DOGS AT SEA AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES MARCH ISSUE - ON SALE 17 FEBRUARY 2016. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “From Cadet to Commodore” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
The RNLI’s Flood Rescue Team was called out to help people trapped in their homes by floodwater in Cumbria as Storm Desmond swept torrential rain and gale force winds across northern England, North Wales, parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland on Dec 5-6.
The Port of Tyne is working with Hitachi Rail Europe, shipping operator Hoegh Autoliners and Nissan Shipping Agents (NSA UK) to unload train body-shells sent from Japan.
Following the announcement that its earnings in the latter part of last year would be less than had been forecast, the world’s largest container shipping company, the Maersk Line, of Copenhagen, unveiled a number of cuts that would be made to improve the situation.
At Felixstowe, the new 190m extension to Berth 9 was officially opened in November, enabling the port to handle two large container ships at the same time.
Scarborough lifeboat helmsman, Rudi Barman, was presented with a RNLI Bronze Medal for Gallantry on Nov 18 in recognition of his courage, skill and leadership during a dangerous and difficult service when the lifeboat went to aid a man who had got into difficulties after going into the sea to rescue his dog.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with Fore Edge Books to offer one lucky reader the chance of winning the book; A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks by Stewart Gordon.
Only in Sea Breezes February 2016 Issue
- Chinese Project to Develop Smart Ship
- ‘Short and Dramatic’ Rescue of River Ferry
- New Floating Dock for Charleston
- Merger of Chinese Container Giants
- Ferries to Muckle FLugga
- Peel Ports Acquire Great Yarmouth Port
- The Last of a Salty Breed
- Prince of Wales Comes Together
- The Trains Now Arriving From Japan