Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 September 2015 09:24 Written by John Young (Marine Correspondent)
- WIN The Unseen Mauretania 1907 – The Ship in Rare Illustrations - ONLY IN OCTOBER'S PRINT EDITION...
- OCTOBER ISSUE - MAKING WAVES, FAREWELL TO ARAHURA, PANAMA CANAL AND MUCH MORE!...
- SEA BREEZES NOVEMBER ISSUE - ON SALE 21 OCTOBER 2015. DON'T MISS IT!...
- SEA BREEZES BRANDED CLOTHING - *** SALE 50% OFF ***...
- BOOK OF THE MONTH “Chasing Conrad” - SEE SHOP FOR DETAILS...
- French Ferry Jobs Saved
- A Bizzare Collision
- Message from the Bridge - October 2015
- ITF Unearths Shocking Case of Seafarer Abuse in Australia
- New Suez Canal Cuts Transit Time to Just 11 Hours
- The ‘Maid of the Loch’ to Sail Again
- Depleted Gatun Lake Leads to Draft Restrictions on Panama Canal
- Lifeboat Building Centre Opens
The BG Group, of Reading, has obtained the first oil from the floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel Cidade de Itaguaí, the sixth to start production across the group’s significant discoveries in the Santos Basin, off the coast of Brazil.
The $8bn project involved the widening and deepening of 35km of the existing Canal and the digging and creating of a 37km second lane running parallel to the existing Canal. The new 72km section is expected to cut transit times from 18-20 hours to around 11 hours.
The RNLI’s new All-Weather Lifeboat Centre at its headquarters in Poole was officially opened on Aug 21 with the ringing of its bell eight times by two young lifeboatmen, Arranmore crew member John McDermid, from Donegal, and Caryl Jones, from Porthdinallaen, as the doors rose.
MYSTERY SHIP COMPETITION
Sea Breezes has teamed up with The History Press to offer the chance of winning a copy of the book; The Unseen Mauretania 1907 – The Ship in Rare Illustrations, by J Kent Layton.
Only in Sea Breezes October 2015 Issue